Vacancy for the position of a Digital Resilience Fellow
Position: Digital Resilience Fellow (Entry Level)
Reports to: Operations Manager.
The Digital Resilience Fellow is responsible for supporting Social Justice Organisations in East Africa’s cyber security audit program, ensuring that security risks are identified, assessed, and mitigated to protect the organisation’s data and information assets. The fellow will work closely with other stakeholders across the organizations to develop and implement security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Objectives: The Digital Resilience Fellow will support the Digital Resilience Manager in achieving the following objectives:
- To identify and assess digital threats and vulnerabilities facing social justice organizations in East Africa
- To develop and implement security policies, procedures, and guidelines to enhance the digital resilience of social justice organizations
- To conduct periodic digital security audits and assessments to identify and address gaps in the organizations’ digital security controls
- To create awareness and training programs on digital resilience for staff and stakeholders of social justice organizations
- To stay up-to-date with the latest digital security threats, vulnerabilities, and solutions
- To conduct research and analysis on emerging digital security trends and threats
- To update the threats advisory database and notify stakeholders on current digital security vulnerabilities and threats
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other organizations to identify and assess the organization’s security risks and vulnerabilities
- Support the development and implementation of security policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Perform periodic security audits and assessments to identify and address gaps in the organization’s security controls
- Work with the IT team to ensure that all software, hardware, and systems comply with established security standards
- Assist in creating awareness and training programs on cyber security for staff and stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, tools, and solutions
- Update the security threats portal
- Conduct research and analysis on emerging cyber security trends and threats
- Ensure the Hub portals are always current.
- Perform any other role as may be agreed upon or assigned from time to time.
Qualifications: Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Certified information systems security professional is an added advantage (e.g CISA, CISM, CISSP, CEH, etc)
- Desired but not a must: At least one year of experience in cyber security audit, risk assessment, or related field
- Knowledge of cyber security principles, standards, technologies, and trends
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Reporting and Supervision
The Digital Resilience Fellow will report to the line manager and work closely with other members of the digital resilience team. The Operations Manager will provide regular feedback and guidance to the Digital Resilience Fellow to ensure the successful performance of duties.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2023